An exciting opportunity exists to join the Randwick DRUFC performance staff as the Colts Head of Strength and Conditioning and play an important role in developing our program’s best young prospects and reports directly to the Head of Performance and Club Coach.
- Design and implement a well-rounded athletic development program.
- Coordinating with High Performance Manager and Colts Director – weekly training sessions x 3 and loads based on RPE and workloads at the start of each week.
- Effective use of gps technologies to monitor training sessions and game running load
- Implement colt’s gym sessions and be on the gym floor with all squads ensuring proper technique and programs are being followed.
- Effective communication with colt’s physio regarding injuries and return to play protocols.
- Delivering warm up, speed and conditioning for all colt’s sessions.
- Be present at all Match Day’s to run pre-match warm up, bench warm up and recovery for colts’ games.
- Delivering the strength and conditioning program for the selected group of players in the Elite Development Program.
The successful candidate should have the following knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Degree in exercise science or equivalent.
- ASCA Level 1.
- Experience in effectively coaching speed, change of direction, strength, and power.
- Experience in use of GPS technology preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A current Working with Children/Work with Vulnerable People check.
This is a fixed term/part time remunerated role with flexible working hours required during the rugby season to attend weekend matches and evening training sessions. There is a real opportunity for progression within the Randwick club and to learn and develop in this space from some of best rugby and performance coaches in the code.
How to Apply:
Please address your application to the Head of Performance – Randwick Rugby
Please send an expression of interest and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday December 8th 2021