The Club Coach at Randwick DRUFC is responsible for the overall recruitment, development and management of players and coaches at the Club.
The Club Coach at Randwick DRUFC is responsible for the overall recruitment, development and management of players and coaches at the Club. The role’s primary focus is to plan the club’s rugby program and ensure there is a co-ordinated approach throughout all levels of the club. The Club Coach reports directly to the General Manager.
- Develop and implement a coordinated coaching program throughout the Club which can filter down from First Grade to our Junior Academy.
- Develop and implement a ‘Randwick Style of Play’ throughout all teams.
- Responsibility for the recruitment and retention of players, coaches and related staff.
- Ensure that qualified coaches are appointed to all teams and are further developed to improve their skills, knowledge or accreditation levels.
- Chair football department meetings so that rugby policy is understood, properly disseminated to all levels and translated into practical action.
- Present to the Board on rugby matters, advise of any issues and make recommendations on improvements or initiatives that need to be actioned.
- Knowledge of all administrative procedures re player registration and eligibility.
The successful candidate should have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Level 4 Rugby Coaching Accreditation preferred.
- Minimum 6+ years’ coaching experience at Shute Shield Level or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role in a high-performance rugby environment.
- Have sound technical coaching knowledge of all areas of the game
- Experience using coaching technology i.e. Hudl Video & Team Buildr etc.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and personality to drive club culture.
- Competency in Windows programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
This is a part-time fixed term contract position with the successful applicant required to work approximately 15 hours per week in the pre/post season periods, plus on top of that be at match days and review sessions during the season proper (March-August 2020)
Due to the nature of the role, flexible working hours are needed to accommodate evening training, meetings and weekend matches.
To view the full Position Description please use the link below.
To apply for this role send your Resume with a Cover Letter addressed to the General Manager by email to email@example.com by Friday 22 November, 2019.